TB/HIV Assistant Job Opportunity At Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania
TB/HIV Assistant Job Vacancy At Maryland Global Initiatives; See details on TB/HIV Assistant Job Vacancy At Maryland Global Initiatives
REPORTS TO: Administratively to AK district office lead and technically to TB/HIV Officer
LOCATION: Simiyu (Maswa/Meatu offices)
1. Work with Health facilities in the implementation of high-quality TB services in the supported districts.
2. Lead on implementation of TB/HIV services at increasing TB notification among health facilities.
3. Work with the TB/HIV Advisor to coordinate training and capacity building of Health care workers on TB/HIV
4. Co-ordinate supportive supervision and mentoring visits to the health facilities with the R/CHMTs and aid in the development of TB/HIV service delivery improvement plans.
5. Support implementation on agreed deliverables as per annual work plan and offer required course of action towards achieving the targets
6. Analyze and consolidate data from supported region and use this data to identify gaps and successes.
7. Build capacity of the HCWs in supported facilities in IPT eligibility assessment, provision and side effect monitoring.
8. Guide HCWs on good documentation of IPT and TB cascade in CTC 2 cards, IPT registers and CTC2 database
9. Attend meetings, consolidate and write reports, and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences in supported facilities and R/CHMTs.
- Minimum Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or other health related field.
- Experience in HIV/TB Care and Treatment services is critical
- At least 3 years’ experience working with local health facilities in delivery of HIV/AIDS services, TB/HIV and TB.
- Ability to work independently and manage various tasks in a team setting
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with Donor- funded projects is highly desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
- All applications should be submitted electronically to: TanzaniaHR@mgic.umaryland.edu
- Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience.References should include contact information including daytime phone, and e-mail address.
- All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
- Candidates should attach a CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
- Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
- All applicants should include daytime phone and skype contact information.
- Deadline for application is 31 st July at 5:00 PM EAT. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, or any other status variable.