Pediatrics & Adolescent Assistant Job Vacancy At Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania
Pediatrics & Adolescent Assistant Job At Maryland Global; See details on Pediatrics & Adolescent Assistant Job At Maryland Global
REPORTS TO: Administratively to AK district office lead and technically to Paediatric HIV Officer
LOCATION: Simiyu (Maswa/Meatu office)
1. Work with Pediatrics and Adolescent HIV advisor to prepare technical annual work plans on all matters related to Pediatric and adolescent HIV care in supported districts.
2. Work with Health facilities in the implementation of high-quality Pediatric and Adolescent HIV care activities in the supported district.
3. Implementation of Peds and adolescents focused interventions to increase HIV identification, linkage to care: ensuring ART Start; Age appropriate disclosure; ART optimization, Correct dosing, retention to care to attain viral suppression.
4. Support health facilities to implement pediatric and adolescent friendly attributes and services at Pediatric clinics at all supported sites.
5. Work with the Pediatric and adolescent officer and CHMTs to coordinate training and capacity building of Health care workers on Pediatric and Adolescent HIV care and treatment services at allocated districts
6. Work closely with the facilities, CSO and communities to develop effective tracking mechanisms for lost to follow-up of peds and adolescents
7. Coordinate and facilitate timely weekend clinic incentive plans: refreshments, extra duties at supported sites within allocated district(s)
8. Support health facilities in proper and complete documentation in CTC 2 cards and database for accurate monthly and quarterly data
9. Analyze data from supported districts and identify gaps in pediatric and adolescent HIV care and work closely with the QI team to implement interventions towards addressing issues identified
10. Participate in the preparation of district level quarterly and annual reports, best practices, presentations, and narratives which documents UMB efforts to provide quality care.
- Minimum Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or other health related field.
- Proven competence in working with pediatrics and adolescents living with HIV
- At least 3 years’ experience working with local health facilities in pediatrics and adolescents’ HIV service delivery.
- Ability to work independently and manage various tasks in a team setting
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with Donor- funded projects is highly desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
- All applications should be submitted electronically to: TanzaniaHR@mgic.umaryland.edu
- Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience.References should include contact information including daytime phone, and e-mail address.
- All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
- Candidates should attach a CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
- Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
- All applicants should include daytime phone and skype contact information.
- Deadline for application is 31 st July at 5:00 PM EAT. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, or any other status variable.